How does ZoneSafe work?
When accidents occur with a vehicle, pedestrians are the most at risk. Accidental collisions often occur when a pedestrian is not aware of an operating vehicle. This is common in busy or loud environments. The damage caused to a person by a forklift can often be severe, even fatal.
How ZoneSafe work?
ZoneSafe Proximity Warning & Alert Systems use RFID technology to help reduce the risk of accidental collisions and near miss occurrences between personnel, assets, vehicles and machinery.
A ZoneSafe in-cab control unit is fitted within reach of the vehicle’s operator. An audible visual alarm alerts the operator every time a tagged person or object is detected entering or breaking the antenna’s detection zone.
A ZoneSafe detection antenna is fitted to the vehicle. This creates a 3-9 metre continuous detection zone around the vehicle, which detects personnel or objects carrying a ZoneSafe tag.
ZoneSafe active RFID tags are worn by all personnel or fitted to assets. The tag can be placed in our ZoneSafe hi visibility jacket, clipped to a lanyard, placed in your pocket or fitted to a detection cone.
Further applications of the ZoneSafe system
ZoneSafe is frequently used as a proximity warning system for vehicle to person detection, however, that is just one of the many applications the system offers. The ZoneSafe system helps to improve safety across entire work sites with the following applications:
- Vehicle to Person Alert – Protect personnel from accidental vehicle collisions and identify near miss occurrences
- Walkway Alert – Warn pedestrians using walkways of approaching vehicles
- Crossing Alert – Warn pedestrians at crossings of an approaching vehicle
- Vehicle Detection System – Long range vehicle to vehicle detection
- Asset Protection – Help protect assets from accidental vehicle collisions
- Aircraft Damage Protection – Help prevent aircraft damage from ground service equipment
- Vehicle Access Control – Controlled vehicle access to restricted areas
- Personnel Access Control – Controlled and security access for doors and turnstiles
Alongside our standard product range, we can design and implement a proximity warning system using our in house services to suit a customer’s application.
For more information on our applications and how they can help you improve site safety, contact us now on +44 (0) 1202 868000 or email email@example.com