As of June 2018, Avonwood’s Quality Management System has qualified for the latest ISO 9001:2015 standards.
The ISO 9000 family of Quality Management Systems standards is designed to help organisations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to a product or service. ISO 9000 deals with the fundamentals of quality management systems, including the seven quality management principles upon which the family of standards is based.*
When were the standards introduced?
ISO 9001 was first published in 1987 by the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO), and international agency composed of the national standards bodies of more than 160 countries. The current (newest) version – ISO 9001:2015 was released in September 2015.
Organisations already certified to the ISO 9001:2008 standard had a three-year period to ISO 9001:2015, and when the transition period ends in September 2018. ISO certificated will no longer be valid.
What is the intention of ISO 9001:2015?
The intention of ISO 9001:2015 is to help organisations to consistently meet customer requirements, enhance customer satisfaction, address risks and opportunities and meet business objectives. Implementing an ISO 9001 Quality Management System can result in many benefits for any organisation.
What are the benefits of ISO 9001:2015?
- Your organisation has confirmation that quality is important to them – and that you have committed to having quality levels checked regularly by an independent party boosts confidence in your organisation.
- Achieve higher operating efficiency. Organisations that consider Quality Management to be an integral part of their business model usually achieve a higher operating efficiency than those that do not.
- A certified Quality Management System (QMS) ensures clear communication structures, good processes, tasks and responsibilities throughout an organisation. This also increases the quality of your services and raises awareness amongst your staff members. This can improve the working atmosphere and reduces the pressure of work.
- Adhering to a QMS allows to detect and identify any problems in good time, ensuring that you can take steps to avoid the same mistakes in the future. This then becomes clear to staff, partners, clients and prospective customers that customer satisfaction is key to your business.
- A certified ISO 9001 QMS gives a more positive company image and can raise your profile to a level above your competitors. It can strongly strengthen your commercial interest, as more and more clients demand that their suppliers work in accordance with a certified ISO 9001 Quality Management System.
What topics does the ISO 9001 cover?
The ISO 9001 standard is based on the following quality management principles:
- Relationship Management
- Customer Focus
- Process Approach
- Engagement of people
- Evidence-based decision making
ISO 9001 enables us to effectively manage the quality of our company. It ensures that we have the highest level of customer satisfaction, and that we meet any and all regulatory requirements.
Please visit our site at www.zonesafe.net