Forklift Proximity Warning & Alert System from Zonesafe
- Reduce the Risk of Accidents – Significantly reduce accidental collisions and near misses to pedestrian workers.
- Create Safe Working Environments – Improve situational awareness and safety culture across work sites.
- Invaluable Site Safety Information – Identify, monitor and improve areas of risk using recorded near miss occurrences and management information.
- Complete Safety Solution – An audible visual warning system which fits any forklift truck and protects pedestrians throughout the work site.
Forklift trucks feature in a high number of workplace accidents every year.
The risk of collision is far greater when they carry bulky loads due to:
- Restricted driver vision
- Driving around blind corners
- Carrying out specific manoeuvres
The risk of accidental collision is significantly increased when forklift trucks work in close proximity to pedestrians.
Industries where Zonesafe is used as an effective forklift warning system include:
How the Zonesafe Forklift Warning System Works:
Quick and easy to install, the system consists of a ZoneSafe in-cab control unit, detection antennas fitted to each forklift and a ZoneSafe tag (or transponder) carried by personnel. The tag can be easily integrated into a high visibility jacket, worn with a lanyard or kept in a pocket forming part of everyday PPE.
The Zonesafe detection antenna creates a 360º zone around the vehicle which can be adjusted to detect Zonesafe tags from a distance of 3 to 9 metres. This can be set to a required exclusion area for each vehicle type along with options for single and multiple zones.
The system immediately provides a warning when a pedestrian wearing a tag enters the detection zone around the vehicle, emitting an audible visual alert from the in-cab control unit. The operator is instantly warned of a pedestrian’s presence and can take appropriate safety precautions by either stopping or slowing down and driving cautiously until the alarm stops. When the tag is no longer detected in the exclusion area the alarm will stop.
For more information on Zonesafe Forklift Proximity Warning System or any of our other applications, contact us now on +44 (0) 1202 868000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logistics Manager – DS Smith Packaging – Featherstone
The safety of our employees is paramount in our business and DSSP are always looking for initiatives and innovations that can help us provide as safe a working environment as possible. ZoneSafe provides a simple but significant addition to the fleet of trucks here at Featherstone combining ease of use with reliability.We are using this in areas where pedestrians and moving machinery have to work together and it has clearly improved the awareness and confidence of both truck operators and pedestrians. I consider this to be a major addition to our effective health and safety management systems.
- Chief Operating Officer – APM Terminals – Callao
We consider this a valuable and reliable tool which will significantly increase safety in our daily operations and aid us in our effort to transform APM Terminals Callao into a very safe place where everyone enjoys working while being safe doing so.
- National Manager For Oil & Gas - Qube Energy - Australia
We've been using Zonesafe for nearly 4 years now (fitted on 10 forklifts) and the system has contributed to us having no LTI's or MTI's across two very busy sites. I highly recommend this technology.