Vehicle Access Control
No matter what type of environment, work sites often require vehicle access control within the site. Restricting access to authorised vehicles will support security, prevent loss or damage and reduce the risk of personal injury to staff and visitors.
The ZoneSafe Vehicle Access Control System provides a hands free automated access control solution. Using RFID technology, the system provides authorised and controlled access through automated barriers, roller doors, shutters and gates.
How does the Vehicle Access System work in a warehouse environment?
- The forklift truck has been fitted with a ZoneSafe tag whilst ZoneSafe reader units have been installed near each barrier creating a detection zone. The reader is also connected to the barrier.
- When the vehicle enters the barrier’s detection zone, the barrier gets activated, rising to give access to the vehicle and lowering once the vehicle has left the detection zone.
- The Vehicle Access System can be set up as a stand alone system or networked throughout the site.
Set up, monitor and manage personnel access control with ZoneSafe Insight:
- Assign authorised tags
- Track and identify personnel movement
- Provide access history logs
- Set up alerts & notifications
- Restrict access & monitor unauthorised attempts
- Check tag batteries
- Use with ZoneSafe Proximity Warning Systems
- Logistics Manager – DS Smith Packaging – Featherstone
The safety of our employees is paramount in our business and DSSP are always looking for initiatives and innovations that can help us provide as safe a working environment as possible. ZoneSafe provides a simple but significant addition to the fleet of trucks here at Featherstone combining ease of use with reliability.We are using this in areas where pedestrians and moving machinery have to work together and it has clearly improved the awareness and confidence of both truck operators and pedestrians. I consider this to be a major addition to our effective health and safety management systems.
- Chief Operating Officer – APM Terminals – Callao
We consider this a valuable and reliable tool which will significantly increase safety in our daily operations and aid us in our effort to transform APM Terminals Callao into a very safe place where everyone enjoys working while being safe doing so.
- National Manager For Oil & Gas - Qube Energy - Australia
We've been using Zonesafe for nearly 4 years now (fitted on 10 forklifts) and the system has contributed to us having no LTI's or MTI's across two very busy sites. I highly recommend this technology.