Walkway Alert Pedestrian Warning System
Collisions can occur along walkways when pedestrians are unable to see traffic around corners, aisles or through doors. Blind spots are particularly dangerous.
The Walkway Alert System has been specifically designed to help prevent accidental collisions between site vehicles, plant workers and equipment operators.
By warning pedestrians using the walkway of approaching vehicles, accidental collision is minimised by improving the pedestrian’s awareness of their surroundings.
The Walkway Alert system works in any worksite, warehouse, manufacturing or production environment where vehicles and pedestrians work in close proximity to each other.
The collision warning system can be used in conjunction with other ZoneSafe Proximity Warning & Alert applications.
How Does Walkway Alert Work?
Walkway Alert – Approaching Vehicle Warning
- On this system the forklift has been fitted with a ZoneSafe tag and the walkway has been fitted with multiple ZoneSafe Units.
- Each unit creates its own 360° detection zone detecting the forklift at different stages along the walkway.
- When the vehicle enters each detection zone, an audible visual alarm is set off at corresponding stages along the walkway indicating the location of the approaching vehicle.
- Once the vehicle leaves the final detection zone, the alarm will stop.
Walkway Alert – Shutter and Roller Door Access Alert
- This system shows a walkway alert set up to alarm when an approaching vehicle is about to drive through an open roller shutter door.
- The forklift has been fitted with a ZoneSafe tag and a ZoneSafe unit has been fitted next to the roller shutter door creating a 360° detection zone around the open door.
- Once the vehicle enters the detection zone, the tag signals an audible visual alarm set at each end of the walkway and in front of the open roller shutter door warning the pedestrians of an approaching vehicle.