Reduce risk of accidental vehicle collisions within Construction
Construction is one of Britain’s biggest industries and one of its most dangerous. Sadly there were 35 fatal injuries to workers in construction in 2015 HSE
The main safety issues on construction sites are caused by the fact that many different types of industrial vehicles and pedestrian workers all work on site at the same time in close proximity to one another. In addition visibility for vehicle drivers can be poor due to all the dust caused by the materials on site.
Therefore it is most important that the construction vehicle operator has full visibility around the vehicle at all times.
Implementing ZoneSafe proximity warning systems can help to prevent accidents and reduce risks between pedestrian workers and work transport vehicles in the waste management and recycling sectors.
How does ZoneSafe help protect personnel within the Construction industry.
- In this example, the digger has been fitted with two ZoneSafe units (to the vehicle and to the digger arm) and the pedestrian is wearing a ZoneSafe tag.
- The ZoneSafe unit creates a 360 degree detection zone around the vehicle and digger arm.
- When the pedestrian wearing the ZoneSafe tag enters the detection zone, an audible visual alarm is set off inside the vehicle cab to alert the driver.
- Once the person leaves the safety detection zone, the alarm will stop.
- Logistics Manager – DS Smith Packaging – Featherstone
The safety of our employees is paramount in our business and DSSP are always looking for initiatives and innovations that can help us provide as safe a working environment as possible. ZoneSafe provides a simple but significant addition to the fleet of trucks here at Featherstone combining ease of use with reliability.We are using this in areas where pedestrians and moving machinery have to work together and it has clearly improved the awareness and confidence of both truck operators and pedestrians. I consider this to be a major addition to our effective health and safety management systems.
- Chief Operating Officer – APM Terminals – Callao
We consider this a valuable and reliable tool which will significantly increase safety in our daily operations and aid us in our effort to transform APM Terminals Callao into a very safe place where everyone enjoys working while being safe doing so.
- National Manager For Oil & Gas - Qube Energy - Australia
We've been using Zonesafe for nearly 4 years now (fitted on 10 forklifts) and the system has contributed to us having no LTI's or MTI's across two very busy sites. I highly recommend this technology.